I also wanted to make a nice set of matching magnets.
I am on a magnet making CRAZE, I know!
My card is for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Challenge that Doodle Pantry is sponsoring this week!
They had an awesome sketch for it and it worked so well for my image.
Here's the card. You can't tell from this angle, but I printed a couple of the Bass Fish out and fussy cut and layered them up. I used a glue dot in the middle of the fish and then dimesionals on the tail and head so it appears he is flapping off the card.
Here's the magnets. Sorry for a dark photo, I took picture in the evening.
How I did these:
1. I modified the digital color image and erased the water parts so that just the fish was left. I saved just the single fish image
2. In Photoshop, I created the background on layer 1 to match the digital paper in the set
3. Inserted/placed the single bass fish on layer 2
4. I created my own text on layer 3 and colored it white
5. For each saying, I "saved as" the modified image(s) from Photoshop as JPG, so that I could use them later
In a new Word document, I placed all the 8 new combined fish images and sized them down to about 1.25" wide. Printed the images and then made the magnets per the Sun and Moon tutorial.
Easy peasy! Just a little time consuming, but that's OK, they turned out great.
Supplies for card and magnets:
Image and digi paper: Bass Fish
Stamp for inside sentiment: PTI Hexagon stamp set
Cardstock: Neenah white, PTI kraft and SU Taken with Teal
Ink: Printer and Taken with Teal for the inside sentiment
Accents/Tools: Linen thread, sewing machine, bitty brads, foam dimensionals
Magnets: Glass ovals and rectangles, Glaze, Rare earth magnets, printed images