bg

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dahlia in pinks and reds

I made a card for the Through the Craft Room Door challenge.

On my card today, I used Dahlia image recently released at Doodle Pantry.  This image was created as a clear stamp for CDS back in 2012 I think, and then was offered as just an outline digital. When they closed, I took  my design back and sort of forgot about it.  I recently found my illustrating file of it and made it into a full digital set with papers and color images too.

On my card, I colored the image myself.  This is actually the second copic marker attempt I have made, but I posted the third and forth attempts last week using other images.
I didn't have a very good variety of reds in my one set of copics, so I couldn't get them blended too well. But I still like how the card turned out in the dark pinks/reds.

Front of my card:


Here's the copic markers I used.

Here's the list of supplies:
Image:  Dahlia
Papers: XpressIt copic paper, Basic Grey retired Eva paper, PTI scarlet cardstock, PTI blush cardstock (folded card base)
Markers:YG11, G21, YG63, YG67, RV21, RV13, R35, R37, R59
Accents/Tools: sewing machine, PTI scarlet ribbon, SU button, linene thread, white mini brads
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for stopping in to check my card out!  I really appreciate your visit!
I sure hope you have been inspired by something here and that you are blessed and being a blessing to others! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Janet Kay said...

Beautiful card Laurie!:) Your coloring is already amazing!:) I may get some pens one day, but until then, I'm happy to let you do the coloring for me!:)

Donna said...

Love your coloring Laurie! You are really progressing in your quest to master Copic markers. Beautifully done!

Cara said...

Laurie, your card is just gorgeous and I want to say thank you so much for being our Guest this week at Through The Craft Room Door .
(Hugs) Cara
TTCRD Owner
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous combination of colors and papers...of course, a great sketch to compliment it all! Wonderful!