bg

Monday, June 15, 2015

Seahorse under the sea colored with copic markers

I made a seahorse card, using the outline combo image from Seahorse habitat, printed onto XpressIt copic paper, and colored with copic markers.
And I made it for the Love to Scrap challenge, which Doodle Pantry is sponsoring today!
I pierced the holes randomly and hand threaded the linen twine through them.  I was trying to keep the general base simpler, since there is so much going on within the image.
This took quite a while to color, but was totally fun. I used mostly the "dot" technique. Well worth the effort.  The inside is blank, I am saving this card for something I may need to send in the future.
 Here's a close up to see coloring detail.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supplies:
Digital: Seahorse habitat
Paper: XpressIt copic paper, PTI melon, PTI hawaiian, PTI teal
Accents/Tools: piercer, thread, sewing machine, wavy with dots EK edger punch, white mini brad (for "pearl")
Copic markers in picture below:


Thank you for stopping in and I hope you are inspired to create.

8 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Oh WOW!!! What a beautiful masterpiece, I love it xx

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is Gorgeous!!! What awesome work you put into this creation!!!! Love it all!!! Hugs, Heidi

Heather said...

Wow!! Your coloring is stunning!!! Such a gorgeous image and the CAS layout really lets it shine. Thanks for sharing this on the LTSCB blog. Heather, DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful creation!! Love the colors in the image, which you colored beautifully. The random stitching is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog...what a treat!
Tina dt

Anonymous said...

Wow! This image is fantastic! I love the way you colored it. This looks great!

Donna Ellis said...

what an incredible design and such GORGEOUS coloring!

Pony and Petey said...

I have all the Copic coloring guides so if the answer is in one of them, you can just refer me to that :)

What is the "dot" technique?

You are an AMAZING artist and I'm blessed to know you so I get to see all the beautiful things you create!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ohhh and Ahhhh....love the entire composition! And the details with the stitching and crossing of jute with the curvy dies on the edge are awesome!