bg

Sunday, January 8, 2012

BIG flowers make beautiful cards!!

It's day 2 of the CDS product parade and we are showing the new clear stamps!!!
I did 2 cards today, one with each of the big flowers, Dahlia and Josephine Clematis.

These stamps were made to be BIG flowers that are easy to color and fill up a card front, and each include a few sentiments.  I love these flowers!!
I knew on the dahlia that I wanted to do a 3 tone petal coloring... I put yellow on the petal creases, orange in the petal centers and the bright pink on the peal tips.  The picture seemed to wash out the colors, but in person, the coloring is much more vibrant.
I recently have started to LOVE the lavender color, in fact, I think it is just about my favorite color now.  It just is so pretty with minty greens, and neutral creams/browns, both of which are also some of my fav colors.  This card is pretty simple, but I like it.
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you'll come back the next couple days, as I have a couple more new product inspirations to show!   Have a happy day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS: Dahlia by CDS
CS/PAPER: 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper, CDS berry, Basic Grey Green at heart DP
INK: brilliance black, Tombow markers 126, 991, 933, 815, 800
ACCESS/TOOLS: waterbrush, spellbinders circles dies, pearls, SU oval punch, CDS ribbn, basic grey button, sewing machine, foam dimensionals
COLORING: watercolor with markers & waterbrush

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STAMPS: Josephine Clematis by CDS
CS/PAPER: 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper, CDS mint, CDS cotton candy, Basic grey green at heart DP
INK: brilliance black, SU razzleberry, Tombow markers 623, 676, 177, 243
ACCESS/TOOLS: waterbrush, basic grey button, sewing machine, foam dimensionals, twine, CDS ribbon, pearls

COLORING: watercolor with markers & waterbrush
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous as ever coloring Laurie.

Sandy said...

I am continually blown away by your awesome talent. Thanks for sharing it.